** Use the Coupon Code BK2SCHOOL19 to get $30 off NOW! **
Teach your kids (and yourself) to code fun, colorful apps and games in Python, the powerful programming language used at tech companies and in colleges worldwide. Learn coding step-by-step from Computer Science Professor Dr. Bryson Payne, author of the Amazon #1 New Release and Top 10 Best Seller in Children’s Programming Books, Teach Your Kids to Code (2015, No Starch Press).
Give Your Kids a Huge Advantage in a High-Tech World
- Quickly master new problem-solving skills in Python with colorful, fun examples
- Teach younger kids to code using Turtle graphics, with text-based games and apps for older learners
- Develop a new creative outlet, building playable games and creating beautiful graphics
- Learn the basics of coding, from variables to loops and functions, with interactive, visually engaging apps
This is the kind of course you can enjoy with your kids!
Packed with fun examples, colorful graphics, and easy-to-follow plain English instruction, Teach Your Kids to Code is the course parents and kids, teachers and students can enjoy together, as they build one of the top job skills of the 21st century! Python is a great first language for beginners, but it’s powerful enough to be used in companies from Google to IBM.
I designed this programming course to be easily understood by absolute beginners, with example code I used with my own pre-schoolers all the way through the apps I teach to college freshmen.
Quick, two- to eight-minute lessons will get you coding your own apps from scratch in minutes. Over 100 lectures and 7 hours of content will give you the practice you need to master the powerful new skill of coding.
Everything you need to get started right away
Complete with working code downloads and high-definition videos, you’ll be able to work alongside a professor with 17 years’ teaching experience and over 30 years of programming knowledge. You’ll also receive a certificate of completion upon finishing the course.
No Risk: Preview videos from Sections 1, 2, and 4 now for FREE, and enjoy a 30-day money-back guarantee after you enroll – zero risk, unlimited payoff!
Early Praise for Teach Your Kids to Code
“Dr. Bryson Payne is a computer scientist and professor of the highest caliber, and with Teach Your Kids to Code, he brings the power of computers within easy reach for learners young and old.”—Dr. Antonio Sanz Montemayor, Informatics Professor, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Spain
“The concepts in Teach Your Kids to Code can help any young person enhance their college prospects and expand their career opportunities.”—Dr. Raj Sunderraman, Department Chair of Computer Science, Georgia State University
“Dr. Payne set us on the path that led us to our dream jobs! With Teach Your Kids to Code, he’s providing parents and teachers everywhere the chance to do the same for the next generation of creative problem-solvers.”—Shah and Susan Rahman, Riot Games
What are the requirements?
- A computer (PC, Mac, or Linux – even Raspberry Pi!). You’ll download and install Python 3 (FREE!) with step-by-step instructions in Section 1.
- If you can use a text editor (Notepad, Word, etc.), you can program in Python!
- No prior programming experience needed.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 100 lectures and 7 hours of content!
- Code your own apps and games in Python for Mac, PC, or Linux, from pre-K to college level
- Draw colorful spirals and shapes with Turtle graphics in Python
- Create fun, playable games like War, Yahtzee, and Rock-Paper-Scissors
- Build interactive apps that respond to user input and mouse clicks
- Master variables, loops and functions to prepare for more advanced programming courses, or a better career.
What is the target audience?
- Perfect for homeschooling parents or K-12 parents and teachers who want to give their students a HUGE advantage by learning to read and write code.
- Apps and games suitable for kids from Pre-K through College Freshmen.
- Kids can follow the course by themselves from 3rd grade through college age, but you can introduce children as early as preschool. (I started coding with my kids when they were 2 and 4 years old.)
- Includes examples from chapters 1-7 of the book, Teach Your Kids to Code, by Dr. Bryson Payne.
- This course does NOT include animation or game programming in Pygame.
- This course is NOT for experienced Python coders, unless you want to learn to make beautiful Turtle graphics & games, or code with your kids.